Here it is, the big update before Early Access begins on Friday, September 30! Check out all of this new hotness:
Steam exclusives have been added
- Dress up as a Test Subject from Portal or the Scout from Team Fortress 2!
- Collect Trading Cards, Badges, Steam Achievements, and more!
Finally, you can play without a party! Want to just jump in a game without finding a Broadcaster on Twitch? Hit Quick Match and get in the game!
Choose a server near you for the best possible speeds. Right now, you can choose from servers in Virigina, Oregon, and Ireland. More to come!
Anyone can be a Broadcaster now!
From the Streamline client, you can become an official Streamline broadcaster without signing up!
Move in to the High Rise map
A new map has been released – but beware, the apartments are still under construction and it’s a long way down!
After you’ve been eliminated during Sudden Death or if you join a match in progress, you can spectate other players. Click your mouse to switch your target!
Some hints on what’s coming next are in the map select screen…
We polished up a bunch of movement and animations and changed some functionality for more smooth free-running action.
- You can no longer change direction mid-wall run.
- Improved ledge detection: you can now climb a ledge or vault over objects from the side, no longer requiring the camera to face the obstacle.
- Slide continues until your boost meter is completely empty as long as you’re pressing crouch.
- Jumping while sliding (“super jump”) is no longer possible. RIP impossible movement. 🙁
- You can no longer wall run on the same wall you just jumped off.
- Shortly after jumping off a wall, you’ll regain air control.
- Wall runs should be easier to start now.
- Lots more clothing options have been added. Get your Sportiform now!
- Tons of performance optimizations. No, seriously, potato machines from long ago!
- Added a Credits screen under the Proletariat section. If you helped out during GDC or were an early broadcaster, you’re in there! 🙂
- During transitions between game modes and state, there’s a polite screen wipe.
- The hunter’s name has been added to the betting screen (though you still can’t bet on them)!
- The UI above the players’ heads has an indicator if they’re stunned.
- Added a sweet water splash for all you scuba divers out there.
- Learn the deep secrets of the game with loading tips at the start of every round.
- Slightly reduced the duration of the intro slo-mo when a Rule changes.
- If you’re broadcasting, there’s now a little viewer count widget to show how many people are watching you.
- Main menu now tells you whose party you’re in.
- Lots of new sound FX and updates to the soundtrack.
- But if you don’t like them or just want to turn them down, there’s a sound FX volume slider in Audio Settings.
- You can no longer get stuck under/inside the seesaws on The Yard.
- Opening Packs is way faster than it used to be!
- The pack rewards are more random. You should no longer get 3x Torsos or Leg items in a single pack. Or at least if you do, they’ll be different ones!
- The Hunter will now kill runners if they attack but land directly on top of them. DFA!
- Fixed a large hitch when eliminating the last Runner or Hunter.
- Jump animations are now cancelled when you hit a ceiling
- Fixed gloves looking weird with some torso items.
- The hunter should no longer get stuck with the map camera when matches roll over.
- Fixed a few bugs with resolution changing and being improperly set when changing settings or sound.
- The hunter no longer has the radar above their head during Wolf Among Us.
- Twitch icons are once again shown when accolades are awarded.
- Rise From Your Graves no longer breaks Haunting.
- Points B Gone no longer tanks performance.
- Sandstorm properly disables player outlines.
- Help button actually takes you to the help page now!
- A LOT of server performance upgrades.
- Sweet new broadcaster onboarding!
- You can now delete your party even if it isn’t full. This also applies to joining a party when you have one of your own.
- Chatbot now automatically turns on when you become a broadcaster.
- The onboarding tutorial for broadcasters has been removed for the time being, while we rework it.
- Fixed a bug where viewers showed up as “IN MY GAME” on the viewer list when they were in another party.
- Streamote.tv/BROADCASTER_NAME now takes you to your viewer page. Instead of redirecting to your dashboard, there’s now a banner pointing you to the place where you can manage your party.
- Fixed a bug where you could see a mismatch between expected and actual bet winnings