It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We have a shiny new update for you that features some of the most exciting additions to the game yet, including a new game mode, winter customizations, localization into six new languages, Steam integrations, and much more! Welcome to Streamline 2.4!
Bitball: Streamline’s new TEAM game mode!
It’s time to rally your team and take on your rivals! Bitball is a new mode that finally brings team competition gameplay to the fast-paced world of Streamline. Grab your friends (or jump into a Quick Matched game) and battle it out against other teams to see who will reign supreme!
Two teams compete in Bitball, racking up points by scoring on each other’s goals. Match hosts can make teams and stream viewers can place bets on the winning team (along with the usual Streamote features). Bonus: everyone who plays is rewarded, win or lose!
Don’t forget to check out our full guide to Bitball!
Play without Twitch! (if you want to)
No Twitch? No problem! The players have spoken and we’ve removed the requirement of using a Twitch account as your Streamline login (though you’ll still need a Twitch account to make use of Streamote functionality…for reasons). Players can now simply use their Steam name to play with their friends on Steam, join other matches, and more. Need help figuring out how to use this new integration? Check out the Streamline Steam Integration FAQ!
Deck your halls—Winter Holiday content has arrived!
Just in time for those chilly winter Streamline sessions, we’ve added new Winter Holiday packs! Celebrate the season with new character customizations that are sure to keep you cozy and festive. They’re only available for a limited time, so be sure to collect them while you can! Another bonus: the Winter packs have their own custom look—unwrap your gifts just like they’re real presents (and not just your gym bag)!
Multiple language support!
Bienvenue! Willkommen! Benvenuto! ¡Bienvenido! Bem vinda! Добро пожаловать! The game’s text is now localized into French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian languages!
More party management options in Streamline!
You’re now able to create your party and manage its settings from within Streamline. Stay in the game and get your next match started more quickly without bouncing to other windows!
Movement and combat changes
We’ve made a number of changes to movement and combat to emphasize the fun and reduce the grief:
- Stun duration has been reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds.
- Increased impulse of non-Hunter air attacks.
- Improved attack auto-aim and hit detection.
- Players who are stunned can not be impulsed.
- Punching now cancels the stun invulnerability players gain while stunned.
- Reduced the duration of the stun invulnerability from 2 seconds to 1 second.
- Movement speed while sliding has been reduced.
- Wall running while boosting is now faster!
- Fixed a bug that could cause extremely fast speed while wall-running.
- Streamline can be launched directly from URLs, including joining a party and getting in their game.
- When you’re killed, you’re told why and how so you can hopefully not repeat it.
- In-game chat will no longer display Streamote messages from Twitch.
- In-game chat now supports rich text, including color and word-wrap.
- Point “Orbs” have been renamed “Gems.”
- Due to the above, the “Multiball” rule has been renamed “Gem Frenzy.”
- It’s now possible to skip the betting and rule purchasing phases. In the case of multiple broadcasters, everyone must agree to skip.
- A wide variety of obscure crashes have been fixed.
- Fixed a few different issues people had with hosting matches.
- The Floor Is Lava no longer injures players on bouncers in Game Con.
- The Buzzed hair now only has one set of color options instead of two.
- Dying from Rules no longer results in empty boosts upon respawn.
- Items and colors that can’t be earned in packs by players don’t appear as locked in the inventory anymore.
- Inventory no longer shows lock icons on colors that don’t actually exist.
- Fixed some issues around Slo’ Thuggin’ and Yakety Hill and how they interacted with respawn times and music.
- Fixed a problem where music did not always play during a match.
- Fixed a problem with kicking players who have already left from games/parties.